Baked Chicken With Fire Roasted Tomato And Bacon SauceFrom adivagurl 5 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 16 ounces fire roasted tomatoes, diced (canned) shopping list
- 4 to 6 slices turkey bacon shopping list
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (breasts are lower calorie and fat) shopping list
- 1 large onion, cut into round 1/4" slices shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with the tomatoes.
- Cook turkey bacon until crispy, saving any drippings. Remove bacon to paper towels.
- Add cooking spray or a teaspoon olive oil to skillet and salt and pepper both sides of chicken. Brown chicken, allowing it to absorb bacon flavor. Turn to brown other side. Do not wash skillet.
- Place chicken on tomatoes in baking pan and place in oven. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, 10 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, cook onions in same skillet, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon sugar. Allow the onions to caramelize.
- Serve with chicken on a bed of tomatoes, top with onions and crumbled bacon.