Homemade Bread And Butter PicklesFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 5 pickling cucumbers 9about 4" long) shopping list
- 4 slices fresh horseradish,peeled and cut in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh dill shopping list
- 1 c white vinegar shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 3 c water shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled shopping list
- 2Tbs pickling spice shopping list
- 2 tsp tumeric shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- Special equipment:1 (1 qt) mason jar,sterilize by boiling in water shopping list
How to make it
- Wash cucumbers,slice into 1/4' thick rounds,place in heated,sterilized mason jar with horseradish and fresh dill.
- Set lg. pot over med. heat and add vinegar,sugar,water,garlicand pickling spices. Bring brine to a boil and then pour over cucumbers and horseradish in still-hot mason jar and seal lid. Allow to cool to room temp.before refrigerating. You can serve as soon as cooled,but for best flavor serve after pickles have been left overnight.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
I haven't had bread and butter pickles since I was in highschool. The mother of a friend of mine in Mitchell, Indiana used to put them up. They are sadly both deceased now. What a nice memory.
joe1155 in Munchen loved it
This is a good post I know it is a canning recipe.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
these are down on the farm Delicous! great pickle and have eaten these quite often Homemademomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it