Spinach Cheese SwirlsFrom hessen 3 years ago
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package puff pastry sheets, thawed (40 minutes) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1T water shopping list
- 1/2C shredded muenster cheese or monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/4C grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4t garlic powder shopping list
- 1 package ( about 10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 400 degree F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Stir the muenster cheese, parmesan cheese, onion and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Brush the pastry sheet with the egg mixture. Top with the cheese mixture and spinach. Starting with a short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Cut into 20 (1/2-inch) slices. Place the slices, cut-side down, onto baking sheets. Brush the slices with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Tip: make sure to remove as much liquid as you can from the spinach before adding it to the pastry. If it's too wet, it may make the pastry soggy.