Crab CakesFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 1 pound Dungeness or good quality lump meat crab, picked over for shells shopping list
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 of a yellow bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 whole green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dry (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seafood seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs, divided shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- lemon mayonnaise for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Place the crab in a large bowl (I like to use a large metal bowl, then I shake the bowl and listen for pings which indicate there are still shells in there to find and remove)
- In a small saute pan, heat the oil and saute the peppers until soft. Allow to cool. When cool, add to the crab along with the green onion, mayo, parsley, dill, and the old bay. Mix gently until combined (try not to break up all the pieces of crab). Add about 1/2 of the panko, mix gently. The crab cakes should just hold together, add panko until they do.
- Put the remaining panko on a large plate. Take about a 1/4 cup scoop of crab mixture, form a ball, roll in the panko, then flatten to form a disk. Set aside as you make the remaining crab cakes.
- Heat oil about 1/4 inch deep in a large skillet, add the crab cakes, in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding, and cook until browned on one side, carefully turn and cook the other side. Serve with some mayonnaise with a bit of lemon juice and lemon zest mixed in to taste.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating4 people
I love crab cakes, these sound delicious!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
You can die and go to heaven with good crab cakes and these sound just like that
Will need to make these like soon,
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
Don't tempt me with "dungeness crabs"--I totally miss access to fresh crab!!! will try this out on with stand-in crab : canned (bumblebee) or fake crab in the pkgs ---similar to hotdogs(YUK!!)packaging. your recipe sounds very scrumptious!! than...morettaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!