Christmas CookiesFrom mrspita 6 years ago
- 6 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped blanched almonds shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups candied mixed fruits shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, molasses and sour cream and mix until well blended.
- Stir in almonds and mixed fruits.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured board.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks and decorate as desired.