Roast Brisket Of BeefFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 4-5 lbs. beef brisket - be prepared for shrinkage shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 3 cups hot water OR 2 cups hot water and 1 cup low sodium beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. honey shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. dark brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 4 or 5 carrots, cut in 2 inch coins shopping list
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks shopping list
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks(optional) shopping list
- 14 - 16 pitted prunes shopping list
- 14 - 16 dried apricots shopping list
- cornstarch and cold water shopping list
How to make it
- In a 6 quart Dutch oven with lid, heat oil over medium heat.
- Brown meat well and drain off excess grease.
- Combine water, juice, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; pour over meat. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Arrange carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, prunes and apricots around the meat.
- Cover pot and place in a preheated oven.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and bake for 1 to 2 hours more, or until the meat is fork tender.
- Remove the vegetables and fruit to a serving dish. Remove meat to a carving board, allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- If the sauce in the pan is too thin, combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and cold water and whisk it into the sauce to thicken. Simmer until it reaches the desired consistency, or about 15 minutes to cook the cornstarch.
- Serve sliced meat topped with sauce and surrounded by fruit and vegetables.
- This should serve 4.
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating2 people
This is super chacha!^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it