Country Pot RoastFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 1 2-lb. boneless beef chuck roast shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 bottle (8 oz) Kraft Zesty Italian dressing, divided shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 lbs. yukon gold potatoes or your choice of potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks shopping list
- 1 lbs. carrots, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons, chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Season both sides of roast with salt and pepper.
- Brown meat all over in a large heavy Dutch oven on medium-high heat in 1/4 cup of the Zesty Italian dressing.
- After completely browned, add onions and saute.
- Add remaining Zesty Italian dressing, potatoes, carrots and enough water to come 3/4 way up meat (about 1-1/2 to 2 cups).
- Bring to a boil then cover.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat from pan, allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing meat thinly against the grain.
- Serve meat and vegetables topped with pan gravy.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving.
- If thicker pan gravy is desired, stir 1/4 cup water into 2 to 3 Tablespoons
- flour in small bowl.
- Remove meat and vegetables from pan; bring liquid to boil on medium-high heat.
- Gradually whisk flour mixture into pan liquid until thickened to desired consistency.
- You can prepare this roast in the oven or on the stove top.
- The trick is to make sure you brown both sides of the meat in the Zesty Italian dressing.
- Serves 6 - 8