Slow Cooker White Bean and Chicken ChiliFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 TBSP. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 whole bone-in chicken breasts (3 lb.) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 (4 oz.) cans roasted,chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1 TBSP. ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Warm oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken skin side down in skillet; cook until brown, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate; remove and discard skin. Drain all but 2 Tbsp. fat from skillet. Add onions and garlic; cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add onion mixture, chilies, beans, broth, and cumin to slow cooker. Stir; add chickenbreasts.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring twice. Remove 1 cup beans plus 1/2 cup liquid from slow cooker. Puree in a blender; return to slow cooker. Remove chicken, shred it and return to slow cooker. Spoon into individual bowls and serve.
- I used 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts - it's what I had in the freezer, and this chili turned out delicious all the same!