Broccoli Cheese Skillet CornbreadFrom mystic_river1 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- One 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed but not drained shopping list
- Two 8-1/2-ounce boxes cornbread mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- One 8-ounce container cottage cheese shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated sharp cheddar cheese, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and sauté until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and broccoli to the skillet, and sauté for 2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant and the broccoli has warmed through. In a medium bowl, stir together the cornbread mix, milk, cottage cheese, eggs, salt, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese until smooth, then pour the batter into the skillet over the vegetables and stir to blend. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the remaining cheese. Bake the cornbread in the skillet for about 30 minutes, until it is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
Sounds so delicious.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Yummmmmmm :)aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Cannot wait to try!clbacon in Birmingham loved it