Honey Apple Chutney Pork ChopsFrom ozsmom 6 years ago
- 4 pork chops, lean, center-cut, about 1-1/2 lbs shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tart, green apple, cored and diced shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup currants shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In large, heavy skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil over medium heat.
- Remove chops and keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to pan.
- Cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Add apple.
- Cook and stir until soft and liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar, stirring to dislodge caramelized juiced.
- Stir in honey and currants;
- season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return pork chops to pan, spooning chutney over chops.
- Cook until chops are cooked through and glaze is syrupy, about 10 more minutes
The Cookozsmom Nepean, CA
The Rating5 people
a Goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it
hmmm I will try this soon.. waitin for chops to go on sale:0 HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Five forky!!!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!