JALAPENO WHITE SAUCEFrom hungrybear 5 years ago
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon chicken base shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons. clarified butter shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon flour shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, minced fine shopping list
- 1 Tablespoons. juice from bottled jalapenos shopping list
- 2 ounce Shredded cheese-equal parts Jack & Cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat. When cream is ready to boil, stir in sour cream. After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium. Stir in chicken base and jalapeno juice and simmer. While cream is heating: Make a roux by warming butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour and mixing with a wire whip until mixture starts to turn pale gold. Just before cream mixture is ready to boil again, add roux, whisking briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated. Remove from heat, stir in minced jalapeno and the cheese mixture. Mix well. Makes about 3-1/2 cups. Best served warm!
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating6 people
OH YEAH GONNA MAKE SOON HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Oh yes!!! got to make this myself!!! five forky!goodeat in Benton loved it
OHHHHHHH YES AND YES I LOVE THIS BEAR GREAT POST !!!!! LOVE IT!!!
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!