Potato And Ham TortaFrom asheats 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, roasted and chopped shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- ½ pound pepper-jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 ½ pounds thick cut ham steaks, sliced into strips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 9-inch spring form pan all over, dust the entire pan with the bread-crumbs (you will not need all of the bread crumbs).
- Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water and cook until halfway tender, drain. While the potatoes are cooking, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil; transfer to a large bowl and add the roasted bell peppers, egg, and salt and pepper.
- In the spring form pan place a layer of the potatoes to completely cover the bottom. Next layer the 1/3 ham, then 3 of the vegetables, and 1/3 of the cheese. Continue with the layers, with the last layer being potatoes. Spray the top with cooking spray.
- Place the spring form pan on top a sheet pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Let the torta sit for 10 minutes before removing from the spring form pan. Cut into wedges and serve with a basil cream sauce.
- Basil Cream Sauce: Place a handful of basil in a blender with ¼ cup or so of cream, blend, then heat in a sauce pan.