Trail Mix bread Pudding with rum sauceFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 loaf French bread, torn into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed trail mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 3-3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- rum Sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup (or to taste) rum shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 10 x 13 glass pan.
- Spread half of bread in pan.
- Sprinkle with half trail mix.
- Cover with rest of bread and then trail mix.
- Mix butter, milk, eggs, sugar and extracts.
- Pour over bread.
- Use back of spoon or fingers to get liquid mixture into bread.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with rum sauce.
- Rum Sauce
- In small pan over low to medium heat, stir sugar into melted butter.
- Stir in egg.
- Continue to stir until sugar dissolves and mixture is thickened.
- Add rum and continue to stir until incorporated.
- Note: using trail mix with dried cranberries, apricots, nuts and coconut. is esp nice
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Simply perfect!!bostyn in San Diego loved it