Bier Fisch German Beer FishFrom smurfetta 6 years ago
- 2 whl carp (2-3 lbs with head) shopping list
- 4 tbl butter shopping list
- 1 med onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 x celery stalk, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 6 x peppercorns shopping list
- 3 whl cloves shopping list
- 6 slc lemon shopping list
- 1 x Bay leaf shopping list
- 1 bot beer shopping list
- 8 x gingersnaps, crushed shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbl sugar shopping list
- fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Remove head from fish and reserve for making fish stock for other recipes.
- Lay fish out as flat as possible, breaking bones along back.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add onion, celery, salt, peppercorns and cloves and mix.
- Top with lemon slices and bay leaf.
- Place fish on top.
- Add beer.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, or just until fish flakes with fork. Transfer fish to a platter, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Strain cooking liquid, pressing some of the vegetables through.
- Put gingersnaps and sugar in skillet, stir in 1-1/2 cups strained liquid.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Garnish fish with parsley. Pass sauce for pouring over fish and boiled potatoes as side dish.