Hawaiian HaystacksFrom pacifica815 5 years ago
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 3 C cooked chicken, chopped shopping list
- steamed rice (I like to use Thai rice) shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- Chowmein noodles shopping list
- toasted coconut shopping list
- pineapple tidbits shopping list
- green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- sweet bell pepper, diced shopping list
- Frozen sweet petite peas, thawed & do not cook them shopping list
- water chestnuts, diced shopping list
- celery, diced shopping list
- slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
- Grated cheese, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the soups together and bring to a simmer. Add chicken and simmer for 10 mins to heat the chicken thorougly.
- To Serve:
- Ladle chicken and sauce over rice and top with any combination of the toppings. Caution, this makes a big serving so start out easy with the rice and chicken with sauce as this builds up when adding the toppings.
- This is a very popular recipe in Utah, not only with households, but restaurants as well.
- This is such an addictive dish and a big crowd pleaser. I double the recipe and it's still not enough to leave for leftovers!