Chicken ScarpiellaFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 4 fully cooked Italian or sun[-dried tomato flavor chicken sausage (such as Al Fresco),about 12 oz.,cut in large pieces shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion,peeled,halved and cut in 1/2" rings shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers,about 1 lb. ,cored,seeded,and cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 lb small red-skinned potatoes shopping list
- 4 hot cherry peppers,trimmed,seeds removed and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and smashed shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 2 skinless bone-in chicken breast halves,cut in kalf crosswise,about 1-1/2 lbs.total shopping list
- 1/2 c chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In large roasting pan,combine sausage,onion,green pepper,potatoes,cherry peppers and garlic. add olive oil and toss together. Season with 1/2 tsp Itaian seasoning,1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. place on lower rack of oven. Bake 10 mins
- Meanwhile,sray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Place chicken in dish and season with remaining 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning,1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Pour broth into bottom of dish. Once sausage mixture has baked 10 mins,add chicken to oven on top rack. Bake both dishes at 400 for 30 mins or till chicken reads 160 and potatoes are fork tender. Stir vegetables twice during baking. Add chicken to vegetables,cook additional 5 to 10 mins or till temperature of chicken is 170.
- transfer chicken and vegetables to platter and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
luv the peppers and tomatoes in these high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is real great and I will be making this one soon.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Do the cherry peppers make this dish very spicy?a1patti in Salem loved it