Ice Box SaladFrom pacifica815 5 years ago
- 2 C mayonaise shopping list
- 1 C sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 C whole milk shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill or 1 tbsp dried minced dill shopping list
- 4 large leaves fresh mint, finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 C finely minced fresh chives shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 extra large head or 3 small heads of Romaine shopping list
- 10 oz sugar snap peas (not pea pods), chopped shopping list
- 12 radishes, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 english cucumber, halved, seeds scooped out, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 C celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 of medium size sweet onion (Vidalia, Maui, etc, must be sweet!), chopped shopping list
- 10 oz package frozen sweet, petite peas, thawed not cooked shopping list
- 8 oz good blue cheese, crumbled (I love using the Point Reyes blue cheese, can also substitute Gorganzola) shopping list
- Fresh parsley, minced, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the first nine (9) ingredients and let stand for 1-2 hrs (or more) for flavors to develop.
- Salad Construction:
- In a large, deep rectangular pan, place the Romaine lettuce.
- Add layers of the vegetables as follows:
- Sugar Snap peas
- Green onion
- Sweet onions
- Sweet petite peas
- Top with the creamy dressing and spread to the edges. Add crumbled cheese, sprinkle with minced parsley, cover tightly and refrigerate over night. Will remain crunchy!
- This was my Grandmother's recipe and was always made for our picnics and family gatherings. This goes great with just about any meal and is quite a crowd pleaser.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpacifica815 San Diego, CA
The Rating6 people
Yum yum yum! Can't wait until Picnic Time!!!misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
Can't wait to try this, it sounds great! Since it's just me, I'll probably scale this down a bit. High 5!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
sounds great luv a good salad thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!