Gyro BurgerFrom jkirk 7 years ago
- For the hamburger sauce: shopping list
- 8 Oz. plain yogurt. shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped and seeded cucumber. shopping list
- 2 TBSP finely chopped white onion. shopping list
- 1 TBSP minced garlic. shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- For the hamburger: shopping list
- 1 pound of ground chuck shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 cups shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1 large tomato, sliced. shopping list
- 1 small onion, sliced. shopping list
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese. (Or whatever cheese you like) shopping list
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted. shopping list
How to make it
- To make the hamburger sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, cucumber, chopped onion, minced garlic, and sugar. Store in refrigerator until needed.
- To make the Gyro Hamurger:
- Place the hamburger in a mixing bowl. Add the oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix the ingredients together, and form into four 1/4 pound patties.
- Place hamburger pattie's on a grill, and grill over medium/high heat until no longer pink in the middle, about 160 degrees.
- At the last minute of cooking, top each pattie with the cheese.
- Remove from heat, and place one pattie on each hamburger bun bottom.
- Top each pattie with a slice of onion, slice of tomato, shredded lettuce, and 1/4 of the prepared Gyro Sauce.
- Put top half on bun on hamburger, and enjoy.