Old Schoolhouse RollsFrom drifter 4 years ago
How to make it
- In mixer, bread machine or by hand, mix all ingredients together, altering the amount of flour needed until it is not quite sticky but not quite "not sticky" and barely cleans the bottom of the bowl.
- Knead on lightly floured bowl until it is smooth, adding as little flour as possible.
- When done adding flour, it should hold up in your hand, but feel like it could pour out at any time.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Make 16 balls and place in pan with plenty of space in between.
- Let double (completely).
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 12 - 14 minutes. (I bake 12, then turn upside down so the bottom gets nice an crunchy, also.
- These can be frozen and put into the oven just before dinner. You'll never know they weren't just made.