Chicken Sausage Faux Pasta BakeFrom ttaaccoo 5 years ago
- 12 oz pkg chicken sausage links--slice into equal-sized chunks shopping list
- 1/2 head cauliflower--break into little flowerettes shopping list
- 12 baby bok choy (3 or 4 stalks big bok choy) roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp pizza seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/3 cup homemade turkey broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan (2 Tablespoons, 2 Tablespoons divided use) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic , chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup commercial pasta sauce (tomato basil) shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- In a baking pan, 8 inches square , add a tsp. of olive oil and microwave to spread it around. Fill in the empty spaces with Pam.
- Spread the flowerettes across the bottom. Sprinkle with pizza seasoning. Zap for 3 mins, or when cauliflower is Just getting soft.
- Oven temp 375 (190 C) Now, layer the veggies: chopped bok choy on top of the cauliflowerettes, mushrooms, garlic, homemade broth -dollop it here and there. Last, 2 T. parmesan. Arrange the sausage pieces on top of the parmesan, and dollop the tomato pasta sauce, especially on top of the sausages (keeps them moist). Throw the onion slices over the top and Drizzle the chix broth over the casserole.
- Cover well, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until it is bubbling. Take off the cover, sprinkle the last 2 Tablespoons parmesan all over, and return to a hotter oven 425 (220C)