Cube Steak with Mushroom Sherry SauceFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 4 4oz cube steaks shopping list
- 3/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper,divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil,divided shopping list
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (about 2-1/2 c ) shopping list
- 1 large shallot,thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbs flour shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried shopping list
- 1/2 c dry sherry shopping list
- 1/2 c reduced-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 2 Tbs reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/2 tsp pepper and salt. Heat 1 Tbs oil in large non-stick skillet over med. heat. Add steaks and cook,turning once,until browned and cooked through,1-2 mins per side for med. transfer steaks to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs oil to the pan. Add mushrooms,shallot and the remaining 1/4 tsp pepper;cook,stirring,until mushrooms are golden brown and release their liquid,4 to 5 mins. Sprinkle with flour and cook,stirring.for 1 min.
- Add thyme,sherry and broth; bring to boil and cook,stirring until thick enough to coat back of spoon'about 3 mins. Remove from heat;stir in sour cream. Return steaks (and any accumulated juice) to the pan and turn to coat with sauce. Serve steaks with the sauce.