Flaky Gluten-Free Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 cup tapioca flour shopping list
- ½ cup sweet white rice flour shopping list
- ½ cup white rice flour shopping list
- ½ cup potato starch shopping list
- ½ cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1½ teaspoons xanthan gum shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons vegetable shortening shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into bits shopping list
- 1½ cups buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine the tapioca flour, sweet rice flour, white rice flour, potato starch, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- 3. Using your fingers, a pastry blender, or two dinner knives, rub or cut the shortening and butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is coarse and crumbly. Add the buttermilk and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- 4. Drop ¼-cup mounds of dough 2 inches apart on the prepared pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm.