Triple Chocolate CakeFrom pandabaress 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup strong fresh-brewed coffee shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter 2 8x8 pans. Line bottom of pans with parchment paper.
- Sift first sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into large bowl.
- Whisk coffee, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; mix just until combined.
- Transfer batter evenly into prepared pans, spreading evenly.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cool cake completely in pan on rack.
- Using small knife, cut around edges of pan. Turn cake out onto work surface. Peel off parchment.
- Place 1 cake layer on platter. Spread a prepared filling over top. Recommended: Milk chocolate filling Milk Chocolate Filling
- Top with second cake layer.
- Cover with ganache or frosting. Recommended: Easy dark chocolate ganace Easy Dark Chocolate Ganache