PINA COLADA ICE CREAMFrom ozsmom 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp dark rum shopping list
- 2 cups plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 pkg cream cheese, crumbled or broken up shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, toast coconut until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large pot, stir cream, coconut milk, sugar and rum over medium-high heat until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a whisk, stir in yogurt, Cream Cheese and sour cream, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in pineapple and coconut.
- Pour mixture into a non-stick 9x13 pan.
- Freeze uncovered for 2 hours.
- Cover with foil and freeze for another 2 hours.
- Purée ice cream in blender until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and freeze for another 1-2 hours
- Serve & eat