Bitter Melon In Eggs with ShrimpFrom mommylotte 5 years ago
- 2 pcs bitter melon ( cleaned and cut into thin slices) shopping list
- 100 grams shrimps ( cleaned and peeled ) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp garlic ( minced ) shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups lukewarm water shopping list
- 1 large tomato ( diced ) shopping list
- 1 large onion ( diced ) shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cleaned and sliced bitter melon in a large bowl.
- Add salt and lukewarm water. Set aside for at least 5 minutes ( this removes its bitterness, the longer you leave them the less bitter it will become ).
- Drain the bitter melon in a piece of cloth then squeeze them tightly until all the liquid drips. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan, Saute the garlic, onion and tomato.
- Add the shrimps. Stir well.
- Add the bitter melon and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the eggs and pour over the bitter melon. Let the eggs cook partially before stirring.
- Serve hot.
The Cookmommylotte Aichi Ken, Japan
The Rating3 people
A lot of people probably have never tried bitter melon. Being it looked like a cucumber and tasted like chayote squash. I love it and you have posted a great way to enjoy this rare treat. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
this looks like a great way to serve bitter melon..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!