Macaroni and Cheese with Caramelized OnionsFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 4 Strips bacon shopping list
- 1 Large sweet onion, Halved and Thinly Sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups Regular Dried elbow macaroni (6 Ounces) shopping list
- 2 Cups Shredded mozzarella cheese (8 Ounces) shopping list
- 1 Cup or 4 Ounces of Processed gruyere cheese Shredded, or blue cheese Crumbled shopping list
- 1 Cup of Half-and-Half or light cream shopping list
- 1/8 Teaspoon of black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In A Large Skillet Cook Bacon Over Medium Heat Until Crisp. Drain Bacon On Paper Towels; Crumble. Reserve Bacon Drippings in Skillet.
- Cook Onion in Reserved Bacon Drippings Over Medium Heat for 5 to 8 Minutes or Until Onion is Tender and Golden Brown. Set Aside.
- In A Large Sauce Pan Cook Macaroni According to Package Directions. Drain and Return to Sauce Pan. Stir In The Crumbled Bacon, Onion, 1 1/2 Cups of the Mozzarella Cheese, The Gruyere Cheese, Half-and-Half and Pepper. Toss Gently to Combine. Spoon Into A 1 1/2 Quart Casserole Dish.
- Bake, Uncovered, In A 350* F Oven for 20 Minutes. Stir Gently. Top with The Remaining Mozzarella Cheese. Bake 10 More Minutes or Until Top of Casserole is Golden Brown and Bubbly. Let Stand 10 Minutes.
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating4 people
Yum! Thanks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
I like this!!a1patti in Salem loved it
I personally think it needs more cheese. A you sure it has enough cheese? Well, maybe. A little Romano on top wouldn't hurt. How about some Velveeta? Ah well, some people are picky. Even the ones who create a 5 M&C.elgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!