Pink Vodka SauceFrom hungrybear 7 years ago
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup vodka shopping list
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (crushed red pepper) shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- The key to making this sauce great is the cooking of the garlic. Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan large enough to accept all the ingredients. Add garlic. Cook until it is golden brown. Add hot pepper flakes and saute with the garlic. Cook until garlic turns DARK brown in color. Add onion and cook three minutes. Add vodka and reduce liquid by half. Add tomatoes and cream. Reduce until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper judiciously. This sauce is best served with penne-shaped pasta and a lot of of Parmagiana or Romano cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating6 people
Good sauce is right!
5 forkstucky in Ottawa loved it
has all the makins of a great sauce thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
LOVE this "5"FORK!!!!! Recipe~
I may use 'Bow-Tie' Pasta! Just 4 FUN(^_^)
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!