Bacon Wrapped MeatloafFrom nattycook 4 years ago
- 1kg beef mince shopping list
- 200g pork mince (optional) shopping list
- * 1 small carrot shopping list
- * 1 onion shopping list
- * 1/2 zucchini shopping list
- * 2tbsp tomato sauce shopping list
- * 2tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- * 2tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- * 2 eggs shopping list
- * 10 bacon rashers shopping list
- * salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- First of all grate the carrot, onion and the zucchini into a bowl. If you dont have zucchini, you can use squash or sweet potato or you can leave it out. It just adds a bit more flavour to the mix. As I said, you can substitute with whatever you have.
- Add all the sauces and the beaten egg to the bowl and give it a little stir. Put all of the meat in and season with the salt and pepper. Now, using your hands, mix all of the meat and veges together. Yes, it will be freezing to your fingers, so I use one hand at a time, just so the other can thaw out!!
- It will seem a bit sloppy at first but if you keep mixing it will come together and be able to be shaped into a loaf to fit into your baking pan. I use my bread tin because it is non stick and about the right size.
- Now for the fancy bit! Trim the bacon slices so they are neat long rectangles and lay them over the top of the loaf. Using a weaving pattern, criss cross the slices so they cover the whole loaf. I brushed a little seeded mustard on top, again for more flavour and a little glaze for the bacon.
- Bake at 170 degrees, for about 45 minutes, until the bacon is brown and sizzling and the juices of the meatloaf should run clear. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before you cut it otherwise it will just break up. We have it with mashed potatoes and honey carrots for a filling dinner.
The Cooknattycook Corindi, AU
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!