English MuffinsFrom cherriepie 4 years ago
How to make it
- Generously flour a large baking sheet and set aside. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, then stir in the yeast and sugar. Make a well in the centre, then add the melted butter, milk and enough water, mixing to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough into a lightly floured surface and kneed until smooth and elastic. About 10 minutes. Shape the dough into a ball, then place it in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel or cling film and leave to rise in a warm place until it doubles in size. It could take about 1 to 2 hours.
- Knock back the air in the dough then turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a circle, and roll it to about 1-2cm thick. Place on baking sheet, cover and leave to rise again for 30-40 minutes or until springy to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 230c.
- Bake towards top of the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn over and bake further 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, when fresh, spread with butter and your favourite topping. When cold,slice in half and toast both sides then and spread topping.
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!