Guess Whos Coming to BrunchFrom elgourmand 6 years ago
- • 5 – 6 fresh eggs, depending on size. shopping list
- • 1 Tbs olive oil or butter, to coat skillet. shopping list
- • 1 stalk celery, remove strings and slice thin. shopping list
- • 5 – 6 broccoli florets, cut to small chunks, depending on size. shopping list
- • 1 small onion, chopped. shopping list
- • 1 pod of garlic, diced fine. shopping list
- • 1 pinch basil. shopping list
- • About 2 Tbs butter. shopping list
- • 1 medium tomato, small cubed shopping list
- • 2 - 3 Tbs pitted and chopped kalamata olives (use basic ripe olives if you must). shopping list
- • ¼ cup fresh or dried & soaked mushrooms, chopped. shopping list
- • 1 med red bell pepper, chopped. shopping list
- • 2 – 3 small med hot chilies, seeded and chopped (optional) shopping list
- • 3 strips of smoked bacon, chopped. shopping list
- • 12 – 24 canned escargot (depending on size and your taste), well drained. shopping list
- • 3 Tbs dry white wine. shopping list
- • 2 Tbs corn meal. shopping list
- • ¼ - ½ cup grated swiss cheese. You can use other cheese but Swiss is best. shopping list
- • salt & fresh ground pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a 12” cast iron skillet heat the olive oil and cook the bacon a bit.
- 2. Add the onion, garlic, escargot, bell and chili peppers and cook until onion is translucent.
- 3. Remove from heat and let cool just a bit.
- 4. While things are cooking give the eggs a good beating in a mixing bowl then add all the ingredients except the butter, cheese and what’s in the skillet and fold well.
- 5. When the stuff in the skillet has cooled just a bit add it to the mixing bowl and fold the whole lot together gently but thoroughly .
- 6. Return the skillet to the stove over a VERY low flame, drop in the butter and when that bubbles a bit add the contents of the mixing bowl and spread around evenly; cover tightly and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how hot the flame.
- 7. Uncover, sprinkle the Swiss cheese around evenly and cover. For five minutes with the burner OFF.
- Move to a plate and serve with maybe a sprig or two of parsley for garnish and a Costa del Sole to wash it down. My 16 year old daughter often says “Dad, your omelets look strange but they taste great”. I can live with that. “The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off”. Gloria Steinem
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating5 people
Yes!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Ok, I give. Escarot in a can? At Kroger in Kentucky? I'll have to search but somehow I doubt I'm gonna find it. Will have to try the specialty stores. Most of the snails I see are crawling across my driveway.
The recipe does look good...moredugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
Includes Recipe & Commentary!
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!