Slow Cooked Chicken with Orange Essence Rum andFrom merlin 5 years ago
- SLOW cooked chicken with ORANGE ESSENCE, rum AND sour cream shopping list
- 16 organic or free range or Kosher chicken thighs, rinsed shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 3 C. + chicken broth shopping list
- ½ c. orange juice shopping list
- ½ t. pepper shopping list
- 2 t. cajun spice shopping list
- 2 t. minced garlic shopping list
- 2 t. crushed ginger shopping list
- 2 T. light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 dashes allspice shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- ½ t. black pepper shopping list
- ½ c. dark rum (like Whaler’s) shopping list
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste shopping list
- 3 T. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 2” piece orange peel shopping list
- Other ingredients: shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped, shopping list
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced thick shopping list
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1” slices shopping list
- 3 T. butter shopping list
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained shopping list
- 2 T. cornstarch dissolved in half cup of chicken broth or water shopping list
- 1 c. light sour cream shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine marinade ingredients in slow cooker. Add chicken pieces, making sure each is covered. You can add a little more broth if necessary. Cover and marinate over night in refrigerator.
- In a medium pan, melt butter and sauté onions and celery until onions are soft. Add mushrooms and sauté a little longer. Add to slow cooker and combine. Cook on low for 6 hours. Carefully soak up fat on top with bunches of paper towels. Turn to high, add oranges and cornstarch mixture. Cook on high for 45 minutes. Taste for flavor. Additional rum, pepper or sugar might be necessary. Stir in sour cream. Top with scallions. Serve with rice.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating5 people
Perfection !mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Mmmmmmm good love it !!!! good job !!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
your "5"FORK!!!!! Recipe sounds
The 'Cup-of-RUM' doesn't hurt, either!
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!