Scalloped Potatoes With HamFrom windy1950 5 years ago
- 5 large baking potatoes shopping list
- 1 large vidalia onion, julienned shopping list
- 4 cups medium white sauce (made with the vidalia onion) shopping list
- 1 lb smoked ham, diced shopping list
- Mrs. Dash Seasoning®, to taste shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 small can, French’s French Fried Onions® shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes in a large saucepan until done. Drain and allow to cool enough for handling.
- Potatoes should peel easily... then quarter lengthwise and slice crosswise.
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, ham, seasonings (use a light hand) and white sauce. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Pour into a sprayed or greased 3-quart casserole. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes, or until surface of mixture is lightly browned.
- Scatter French Fried Onions evenly over surface and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with salad or cooked veggie.