Orange CakeFrom jadeecakes 7 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- • 200 gm butter,soft shopping list
- • 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- • 4 eggs shopping list
- • 1 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- • 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- • Grated zest of 1 orange shopping list
- • FOR SYRUP: shopping list
- • 200 ml orange juice shopping list
- • 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Heat oven to 180C. Butter and line a round cake tin with baking parchment.
- 2 In a large bowl,beat butter until creamy.
- 3 Add sugar and beat until fluffy and light.
- 4 Beat in the eggs gradually.
- 5 Add orange zest and mix.
- 6 In another bowl,sift flour and baking powder.
- 7 Fold the flour into the creamed mix.
- 8 Spoon the mix into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 9 While the cake is baking, make the syrup by putting orange juice and sugar into a pan, bring them gently to the boil, stirring
- 10 until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- 11 Turn out the cake on rack to cool.
- 12 Pierce holes in the cake with a skewer while still warm and pour
- 13 the syrup over it.
- 14 Leave to cool, spooning the syrup over the cake until it is all soaked up.