Angel Hair Pasta With Green and Black OlivesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 3/4 pound angel hair pasta shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup black pitted olives roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup green olives roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic peeled shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan until al dente.
- Drain immediately and return pasta to the still warm pan with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper then gently stir in olives.
- Put peppers into a saucepan with enough water to almost cover.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until tender then remove peppers from water.
- Reserve water and discard stems and seeds.
- Chop peppers and place in a blender along with garlic and 1-1/4 cups pasta water.
- Blend to a puree then transfer to a saucepan and season with salt and pepper then reheat gently.
- Pour pepper sauce over pasta and serve immediately.