Easy pasta sauceFrom mellamobradley46 4 years ago
- *For basic sauce shopping list
- About 10 ripe tomatoes shopping list
- clove or two of garlic shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Pinch of pepper shopping list
- basil shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- vinegar shopping list
- *Other possible ingredients shopping list
- Coco-Chile spice blend shopping list
- onions shopping list
- spinach shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the tomatoes and pull off the stems. In a large pot pour a generous amount of olive oil into the pan. Cut tomatoes in half and put them into the pot. Turn on the burner to very low and cover pot. As the tomatoes start to cook, dice at least one full garlic clove and put into the pot along with salt and pepper.
- As the tomatoes cook, occasionally smash them with a potato smasher or any utensil. You will do this many times until it gets smooth. After about 25 minutes of cooking add a generous amount of basil and about half that amount of oregano. Put in a few splashes of vinegar. I will also sometimes add Chili spice, onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and/or spinach.
- When you smashed a few times it will get watery. Continue smashing and cooking it at very low until it becomes your desired thickness.