The Best slow Cooker Chicken CacciatoreFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 3 lbs bone-in chicken pieces,skin removed,seasoned with salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 c dry red wine shopping list
- 1 can whole tomatoes,drained and cut up(15 oz) shopping list
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (15 oz) shopping list
- 1 onion ,sliced shopping list
- 8 oa cremini or button mushrooms,quartered shopping list
- 2 Tbs minced garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbs italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp anchovy paste shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper,sliced shopping list
- fresh oregano shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge chicken in flour,shaking off excess.
- Brown chicken on both sides in hot oil in saute pan over med-high heat,about 8-10 mins. Transfer chicken to a 4 to 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Deglaze saute pan with wine,cooking until liquid is reduced by half. Transfer wine mixture to slow cooker.
- Add whole and crushed tomatoes,onion,mushrooks,garlic,Italian seasoning and anchovy paste to the slow cooker.
- Cover cacciatore;cook till chicken is tender,on low heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Add bell pepper,cover,and cook until pepper is tender,30 mins more. Serve over pasta. Garnish with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
This sounds good to me!wttothemax in SE loved it
Very nice!a1patti in Salem loved it
Sounds very good. 5 forksbrianna in loved it