White Asparagus SaladFrom thepoint 7 years ago
- For The Dressing: shopping list
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped fine shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 medium-sized roasted red peppers, chopped fine shopping list
- 6 scallions, white parts only, chopped fine shopping list
- 15 pitted Spanish-style green olives, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped fine shopping list
- ... shopping list
- For The Salad: shopping list
- 6 large roasted red peppers, seeded and rinsed, shopping list
- cut in half lengthwise (canned red peppers work well) shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh white asparagus, raw or very lightly steamed shopping list
- 2 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place the dressing ingredients (except oil) in a small bowl or jar, stirring or shaking gently to blend them.
- When ready to serve, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, stirring gently. Use the vinaigrette immediately. Covered, it will keep for 2 days. Stir or shake gently before using it.
- For The Salad:
- Cut the pepper halves so they spread out as flat as possible on 6 salad plates, so that the tips of the peppers point outward.
- Pare off the thick bottom inch or two of each asparagus spear, and discard. I steamed the asparagus for a few minutes so it would not be completely raw. Lay asparagus spears on the peppers, with the cut ends of each spear meeting near one edge of the plate and the tips fanning outward.
- Spoon the dressing across the asparagus spears. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
The Cookthepoint Hagerstown, MD
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!