Apple Sheet CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups chopped baking apples , chop by hand not the food processor shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, drained, and shopping list
- patted dry (optional) shopping list
- . shopping list
- Optional Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat on low speed until combined.
- Add flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, and beat just until combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Fold in apples, walnuts, and optional raisins.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes OR until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Let cool completely.
- Optional Glaze:
- Whisk cream or milk into powdered sugar until it is just barely thin enough to drip.
- Scrape into a zip-top bag, squeeze out the air, and seal.
- Cut a very small piece off one bottom corner and drizzle in a cross-wise pattern on the cooled apple cake.
- Yield: about 24 to 36 servings, depending on cut size
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Mmmmmmm or yummmmmm or both ;)
I happen to love apples and this Apple Sheet Cake recipe looks like a 5+++ fork winner to me.lor in Toronto loved it
thank you for sharing, sounds spectacular!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Love this - I have a similar one and I use a butter type glaze on it - yours sounds great. Thanks for the great post. Thanks Midge.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Bake Sale126 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
An Apple A Day30 members
A Fruity World45 members
Sugar From Mama13 members