Passover Lemon Cheese CakeFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- IngredientsFor crust shopping list
- 3/4 cup sliced blanched almonds, toasted and cooled shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup matzo cake meal shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly shopping list
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- PreparationMake crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack in middle.
- Pulse almonds, sugar, matzo cake meal, and salt in a food processor until finely ground.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in butter until combined well.
- Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of springform pan.
- Bake until crust is firm and a shade darker, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool crust completely in pan on a rack.
- Make filling and bake cheesecake:
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add eggs 1 at a time, mixing until incorporated.
- Mix in zest and vanilla.
- Put springform pan in a shallow baking pan and pour filling into cooled crust.
- Bake until filling is set 1 1/2 inches from edge but center is wobbly, 45 to 50 minutes (filling will continue to set as it cools).
- Transfer cake in pan to a rack and immediately run a knife around edge, then remove side of pan.
- Cool completely, 2 to 3 hours.
- Cooks' note: Cheesecake can be made 2 days ahead and chilled, loosely covered.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
oh yeah! got my 5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it