Chicken & RiceFrom windy1950 4 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks celery + leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked extra long grain white rice shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of celery soup shopping list
- 6 chicken thighs shopping list
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, paprika - all to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F deg.
- In a 3 qt saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until crisp tender. Add 1 tsp of salt, pepper to taste, rice, and water or chicken broth. Bring to a boil; turn heat down to a simmer. Cover pan with vented lid and cook for about 15 minutes. Stir in undiluted soup and mix well; set aside.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle completely thawed chicken pieces with desired seasonings, and brown on both sides, for about 20 minutes total, in a large non-stick skillet. Set off the heat until needed.
- Add rice mixture to a buttered or sprayed 3-liter casserole.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of rice mixture, and sprinkle a bit more paprika over all, if desired.
- Put into preheated oven, UNcovered, for approximately an hour, or until chicken is thoroughly done.
- Serve with a vegetable and bread.