White Bean Chicken ChiliFrom windy1950 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 - 5 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp coarse grind garlic shopping list
- 2 - 3 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs, 1/2-inch dice shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (more or less) shopping list
- 4 (15 oz) cans white beans, drained, juices reserved shopping list
- 1 (46 oz) can chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In an 8qt stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery to the oil; cook for about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic and chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fry chicken for about 5 minutes, or until meat is not pink on the outside.
- 3. Mix in cumin. Add beans and enough chicken broth to cover all. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and liquid is reduced, about 30 to 45 minutes. Add some of reserved bean liquid if needed.
- 4. Season chili to taste with salt and pepper.
- SUGGESTED SIDES: Cornbread, saltines or corn chips.
- NOTE: Chilies and thick stews are excellent served in bread “bowls”. I would use a round hollowed out, 8 oz rye or pumpernickel loaf for each person if the soup is the main course; otherwise for appetizers, use a biscuit dough recipe divided in 6 parts, shaped over the sprayed undersides of a jumbo muffin tin and baked for 10-12 minutes at 450F deg.
The Cookwindy1950 Flint, MI
The Rating3 people
This sounds wonderful, Windy!! I LOVE chili, but would like to mix it up a bit from my usual hamburger based chili. This would be great as warmer weather approaches! Thanks for this one!bigcookiedude in Vinton loved it