Junkanoo ChickenFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 small white onion sliced shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 red or yellow sweet pepper cut into strips shopping list
- 2 zucchini sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast cut into cubes shopping list
- 2 pacages yellow rice shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare rice according to package directions except substituting tomato juice for water with chopped celery and diced red pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet and sauté onions, peppers, zucchinis and mushrooms.
- Whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, starch and ginger in a separate bowl.
- Add liquid mixture to vegetables and cook over a low heat until it boils and thickens stirring frequently.
- Add chicken and stir gently until hot.
- Serve over hot bed of rice.