Chinese Imperial Palace Almond CookiesFrom hopscotch 7 years ago
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup butter ; room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 70 Whole blanced almonds shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- What amongst these ingredients implicates this recipe is a fraudantly Chinese almond cookie recipe? shopping list
How to make it
- EGG WASH; IF DESIRED Egg Wash:
- Mix well and brush on unbaked cookie
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy, then add egg yolks.
- Next add the extracts.
- Slowly add the flour and baking powder to the creamed butter and sugar and continue to mix well.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press an almond into the center of each cookie, and flatten cookies slightly with the edge of a spoon.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until they are golden brown. To enhance the color you can use an egg wash on the cookies before you place them into the oven.