Les Mendiants Lemon Cream And Nut CookiesFrom hopscotch 6 years ago
- *Prep Time includes two hour chill time. shopping list
- TORTE PASTRY shopping list
- 10 1/2 oz unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3 3/4 cup flour, sifted shopping list
- lemon CREAM shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 11 oz unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3 lemons, juiced and zests shopping list
- -grated shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 35 prunes, pitted and halved shopping list
- 3 oz whole almonds, toasted shopping list
- 3 oz hazelnuts, toasted shopping list
- 6 oz walnut halves shopping list
- 6 oz raisins, soaked in rum until shopping list
- -plump, and drained shopping list
- 70 1-inch pieces candied shopping list
- -orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Torte Pastry:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle,
- cream together butter and sugar until light. In a small bowl,
- whisk 1 egg. Pour 1/2 of the whisked egg into butter and sugar mixture, reserving the remaining half for another use.
- Add the remaining whole egg and blend mixture well.
- Remove paddle and replace with a dough hook.
- Add flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Form dough into a ball, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Roll dough out to a thickness of slightly more than 1/8 inch.
- Cut dough into 35 1 1/2-inch ovals with pointed ends and place on
- ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven 15 to 20 minutes,
- or until cookies are a light caramel color.
- Lemon Cream:
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat combine eggs, sugar, butter, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring continually with a wooden spoon. Boil gently for 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover and chill thoroughly.
- Spread each cookie with 1 heaping tablespoon of lemon cream and top with 2 prune halves, 2 almonds, 2 hazelnuts, 2 walnut halves, 7 raisins and 2 pieces candied orange peel.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!