Zesty Quiche MontereyFrom windy1950 4 years ago
- 1 Pillsbury® Refrigerated pie crust shopping list
- 1 lb bacon, diced and cooked, reserve fat for other uses shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 2 mild banana peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 cups fresh ruby chard (leaves and stems), chopped and packed shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 10-inch pie plate with the crust and bake per package directions for an unbaked filling. Allow to cool while preparing the filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and seasonings.
- In another large bowl, toss the peppers, chard, shredded cheese and bacon, to evenly mix.
- Spoon the veggie/bacon mixture into the cooled pie crust. Pour the blended cream and eggs over.
- Since the pastry has already been baked, cover the crust rim with strips of aluminum foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake the quiche in a preheated 375F deg oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the custard is set and the surface is lightly browned.
- Serve with crispy hash browns and fresh sliced tomatoes.