Chicken Spring Rolls with VeggiesFrom mommylotte 4 years ago
- 200 grams chicken thigh fillets (sliced thinly) shopping list
- 250 grams bean sprout (Togue) shopping list
- 250 grams spinach (leaves only, discard the stalks) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1 onion (thinly sliced) shopping list
- 1 thumbsized ginger (grated) shopping list
- 1 carrot (julienned) shopping list
- 1 cake of tofu (cut into small cubes then fried slightly ) shopping list
- 6 tbsp of light soy sauce (I always use Kikkoman) shopping list
- 4 tbsp of oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce (Patis) shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- pinch of sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp of sesame seed oil shopping list
- 10 pcs Spring rolls or Large Wanton/Wonton Wrapper shopping list
- 1 egg beaten mix with 2 tbsp of water. shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate chicken in 1 Tbsp each of light soy sauce and oyster sauce. Sprinkle with ground black pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat about 6 Tbsp of cooking oil in a pan. Add the marinated chicken and cook over high heat until the color changer. Pour in the marinade too.
- Add garlic, ginger and onion. Cook until the chicken edges starts to brown.
- Add the slightly fried tofu, carrots, bean sprout (togue) and spinach leaves.
- Pour in the rest of the seasonings. (light soy sauce, oyster sauce and fish sauce).
- Sprinkle with more pepper to suit your taste.
- Cook until the veggies wilt but not soggy.Turn off heat immediately.
- Drizzle in the sesame seed oil,Stir then Transfer to a strainer.
- Cool for at least 30 mins.
- Make sure that the liquid is drained before wrapping them.
- Place 1 Tbsp of the filling in 1 wrapper.
- Use the beaten egg and water mixture to seal the edges.
- Fry them until golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce ( combine 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper. You may add minced garlic and chopped onion. )
The Cookmommylotte Aichi Ken, Japan
The Rating3 people
I love making spring rolls(& eating them) This recipe is quite a bit different from the ones I make so I'm going to enjoy trying them out as they sound delicious. Thanks for sharing & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
Okay, if I didn't have to grow my own bean sprouts (yep, grow the beans to sprout), grow my own spinach, make my own fish sauce and make the spring roll or Wonton wrappers it would be easy. You think I'm kidding and I wish I were kidding. Looks so go...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!