White chocolate celebration cakeFrom princessthunder 7 years ago
- (10½ oz) butter shopping list
- 300g (10½ oz) caster sugar shopping list
- 5 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 350g (12oz) plain flour, sifted shopping list
- 1½ tsp baking powder shopping list
- Grated rind of 1 orange shopping list
- 3tbsp orange juice shopping list
- For the coating shopping list
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) double cream shopping list
- 225g (8oz) good quality white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- To decorate shopping list
- Crystallised rose petals shopping list
- Pink macaroons shopping list
- Handful fresh raspberries shopping list
- Handful fresh strawberries, halved shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4) . Grease and line a 20cm (8in) cake tin. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well between each addition. Fold in the flour, baking powder, orange rind and juice. Transfer the mixture to the prepared cake tin.
- 2.Bake in the oven for 75-90 mins, or until golden brown and springy. Leave to cool in the tin for about 5 mins before turning on to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 3.For the coating, heat the cream in a saucepan (but do not boil) and pour over the white chocolate. Mix it gently with a wooden spoon until smooth and glossy. Pour over the cake, and spread on the top and sides with a palette knife.
- 4.Transfer to a serving plate and put in the fridge to set for 15 mins.
- 5.Decorate with the rose petals, macaroons and fruit just before serving.
The Cookprincessthunder Greer, SC
The Rating6 people
Wow! beautiful Photo would make great cake for any occasion thanks for sharing high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Just gorgeous.andiecooks in home loved it
sounds delish! Thanks for sharing :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!