Chewy Granola BarsFrom knititblack 3 years ago
- 1 2/3 cups quick rolled oats shopping list
- 1/3 cup ground oats or oat flour shopping list
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2-3 cups dried fruit and/or nuts shopping list
- 6 Tbsp melted butter or other oil or fat shopping list
- 1/3 cup nut butter (optional) shopping list
- 1-2 tsp vanilla (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey or real maple syrup shopping list
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line an 8x12" glass baking dish with parchment paper and grease.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, oat flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, fruit and nuts and stir until well mixed.
- In smaller bowl, combine melted butter, nut butter, vanilla, honey or syrup, and corn syrup and whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Press mixture firmly into baking pan. Bake 20-30 minutes until edges are browned. (Center will still look a bit pale.)
- Remove from oven, place on rack and cook completely. Use parchment to remove from pan, use serrated knife to cut into bars. Wrap individually in waxed paper or seal in plastic bag.