Smothered Filet MignonFrom taylorbw 8 years ago
- 4 (6 ounce) filet mignon steaks shopping list
- seasoned salt to taste shopping list
- cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 cups onion slices shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white sugar shopping list
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Season steaks with seasoned salt and black pepper, and arrange in a single layer in a large baking dish. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and rosemary. Pour mixture over filets, and turn to coat. Marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- While you are marinating the meat, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion slices in butter until soft, then stir in sugar. Continue cooking until onions are caramelized. Set aside.
- Preheat grill for high heat on one side, and medium heat on the other side.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place steaks on the hot side of the grill, and cook for 10 minutes, turning once. When the steaks are almost done, move to the cooler side of the grill. Top each filet with a quarter of the caramelized onions and blue cheese. Close the lid, and continue cooking until the cheese is melted
The Cooktaylorbw FERNANDINA BEACH, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!