Granola CookiesFrom t_wise 7 years ago
- 1/2 c canola oil shopping list
- 1/4 c sucanat or brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c apple juice shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped dates shopping list
- 1/3 c peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed shopping list
- 3 tbsp water shopping list
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp millet flour, or any other flour you have shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 2 c granola (homemade with fruit, nuts, wheat germ, and flax is best) shopping list
- 1/2 c dried fruit (if not included in granola) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan, combine apple juice and dates and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat oil and Sucanat together until light and fluffy.
- Add in applejuice and date mixture.
- Beat in peanut butter.
- Combine flax seed and water in a small bowl and whisk together for about 20 seconds until goopy. Add this to the wet mixture and beat well.
- Sift flour, salt baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon into wet mixture, and stir until well blended.
- Stir in granola cereal and fruit (if needed)
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet, about 3 tbsp for each cookie, 1 inch apart.
- Flatten slightly with spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Turn off oven when done and leave cookies on sheet in the oven with the door open until cool.